Your employer, at its option, may modify, revoke, suspend, terminate, or change any or all plans, practices, or procedures discussed in this document, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason as business, employment legislation, and economic conditions dictate.

Contact Information:

Retiree Assistance:
208-526-0717 (Retiree Pension Helpline)

Benefits Assistance:

Mailing Address to Return All Retiree Forms:

Idaho National Laboratory
Attn: Benefits Accounting
P.O. Box 1625, MS 3596
Idaho Falls, ID 83415

BEA Benefits Mailing Address:

Idaho National Laboratory
Attn: BEA Benefits
P.O. Box 1625, MS 3112
Idaho Falls, ID 83415

Vanguard Participant Services


Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: How do I change my direct deposit bank account information?
Q2: How do I report an address, phone number or email change?

Q3: I did not receive a copy of my 1099-R. Where is it/can you re-send it?

Q4: Where can I get a copy of my paystub?

Q5: How do I change my federal tax withholding allowances?

Q6: How do I change my medical, life, or other insurance withholdings from my annuity payment?

Q7: How do I request an annuity letter for proof of income verification?

Q8: Who do I contact with questions on my retirement plan?

Q9: How do I report a death?

Q10: As a beneficiary, who do I contact with questions?

Q11: I am getting divorced. Who do I contact to set up a QDRO for my retirement benefits?

For assistance with downloading or completing forms, or for additional questions, call the Retiree Pension Helpline: 208-526-0717 or email:

Q12: What if I have an outstanding loan when I retire or terminate employment?

Q13: Upon retirement or separation from the company, what are my options?

Q14: How do I request a direct rollover from a former employer’s 401(k) plan?

Q15: If I am under age 59 ½ and want to take a distribution, will I have to pay the 10% additional income tax?

Q16: If I terminated employment, can my 401(k) be rolled over into my new employer’s plan?

Q17: What investment options are available?

Q18: How do I establish or change my beneficiary information?

Q19: If I left my investments in the plan when I retired, can I take out a new loan after I terminate?

Q20: Will I receive a statement showing my benefit?

Q21: How do I change my deferral election contribution type (before-tax, Roth, and after-tax) and when do my Vanguard system contribution changes take effect?

Q22: I am getting divorced. Who do I contact to set up a QDRO for my investment benefits?

For further information, call Vanguard Participant Services at 1-800-523-1188.

All Contact Information


Retiree Address Change Form
Direct Deposit Authorization Form


Vanguard Tools and Education
Vanguard Retirement Income Calculator
Retirement Plan SPD
IRS Form W-4P: Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments


How to Fill out Retirement Paperwork